Title: Peanut Crunch Salad
Author: Alexandra Coleman
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
For The Dressing:
- 1/4 cup good peanut butter -
smooth and crunchy are both fine
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- All the lime juice you can get out
of one lime if you squeeze really hard
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
(use gluten free if possible)
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-inch square piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Fresh coriander - to taste
For The Salad:
- Leaves of your choice. I used a bag of ready mixed beetroot salad from Waitrose, because I'm terribly lazy, but by all means pick your own lettuce, cabbage, rocket etc!
- 3 Carrots - use your peeler to make them into thin ribbons
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Spring Onions (you can also get ready prepared ones to make it extra quick!)
- More fresh coriander
- Handful of peanuts
- You could also add:
Meat! Chicken, Tofu, Prawns or any seafood you fancy. Just season and grill it before you're ready to serve.
- Roughly chop your garlic and ginger.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in the most powerful blender you can get your hands on.
- The dressing can be made ahead of time - so refrigerate it until you need it if you're not using straight away.
- Chop your salad items into any shape you wish. If you want the salad extra crunchy scoop the seeds out of your cucumber, too.
- Stick your preferred meat item on the grill, or oven bake. I grilled a chicken breast on this amazing invention called the Optigrill - you just press the chicken button and wait for a beep!
- Present the salad beautifully on your plates, then top with meat, sprinkle lovingly with peanuts and a drizzle of the dressing.
- Pour yourself a large glass of Astrolabe Awatere Sauvignon Blanc, sit back and... enjoy!