To maintain your security you have have been logged out from Waitrose Cellar due to no activity. Sign in againClose
Standard delivery on all orders Click & Collect at your local store
Celebrate the festive season
with our creative drink ideas
2 large eggs, seperated, 25g caster sugar , 100ml rum or bourbon,
200ml whole milk, 150 ml whipping cream, Nutmeg to serve
1. Whisk the caster sugar and egg yolks together until they appear fluffy, light and pale; try using an electric
2. Bit by bit, whisk in the rum or bourbon. Finally whisk in the milk (the mixture may need to be whisked
again as it may separate over time).
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
4. Fold your first mixture into the whites very gradually.
5. Finally, whip the cream then fold into the mixture too.
like, sweeten with a little extra sugar. Ladle into punch glasses and dust with nutmeg to serve.
*Contains raw egg, so it is not suitable for pregnant women, the elderly and those with weak immune systems.Shop Rum Shop Brandy
"Place in a blender, a few glugs of semi skimmed milk (approx. 500ml), a few scoops of Waitrose Seriously Madagascan vanilla ice cream, a teaspoon or two of Waitrose signature spice and a splash of Advocaat liqueur and blitz! You could even throw in a tot of brandy too."
A lovely alternative to a Bucks Fizz
This is a great recipe that will liven up anyone's glass of sparkling wine this festive season.Shop all sparkling
A deliciously rich cocktail, this makes a wonderful alternative to dessert if everyone is too full after Christmas lunch. Recipe uses Rum, Ice, Mincemeat and apple juice.Shop all rum